Zoomtopia—a new creative space developed by Carole Zoom, a Portland Open Studios artist 2008-2009.
Zoomtopia offers Portland artists and non-profits a home of their own.
6 PM Thursday, January 28, 2010
810 SE Belmont
Portland, OR 97214
Building dedication by Mayor Sam Adams
Appetizers by Wendy Weaver
Frozen Yogurt by Active Culture
Drinks by Distillery Row and Green Dragon Brewpub
tEEth performance 7 PM
Tenant artists will be on hand to talk about and show their work
After-party with DJ Global Ruckus, hair styling by Miss Kristie and glamour shots by Aaron Rogosin
- Six work suites (250-1,090 sq ft)
- Dance rehearsal studio (2,200 sq ft)
- Lobby with shared commons and kitchenette
- Fully accessible/ADA-compliant
- Furnishings by local artists
LEASING information at Zoomtopia.com.
The dedication kicks off a series of events, discussions and programs that will take place throughout winter and spring:
- Feb. 5 “Dear Marcus” book signing by Jerry McGill
- Feb. 25-27 & March 4-6 Staged reading of “Eloquent Madness” by Bill Alton
- April 22-24 Disability Arts and Culture Project
Zoomtopia: Affordable pricing and lease-to-own terms enable artists and nonprofits to find a stable home while building social and financial equity.
See the January 25, 2010, Oregonian Visual Arts story for more information about Carole and her projects.